21/03/2016

World Poetry Day


Wouldn't it be amazing if we were the only two left in the world?

Do you think we'd feel lonely, or would be be unfurled

Within the splendour of our own existence?

Locked tightly in the indifference of the universe.

Let me write you a verse,

A song of our love,

Nothing to reach for, but the stars shining above.

I couldn't imagine someone with whom I'd rather spend the time,

Thinking about us is an element of the sublime,

Occasionally I wonder how you feel about me

Would you share the time in my company?

I'd love to sit and talk with you,

Hours upon end, until there's nothing more to do.

I don't think I'd ever get bored of your face,

I want to be locked tightly forever in your embrace.

You're like the power lines overhead, electric flowing through,

And I'm the recipient of the energy emerging from you.

Starting a fire within my heart,

The strength which I draw stops and it stars.

Synthesising my heart like a defibrillator,

Like a crime of passion, and you're the initiator.

No comments: