03/07/2021

Planning a Wedding during the Covid Pandemic

 After two and a half years together, my fiancé Jay proposed to me in November 2020. The world was already gripped by the Coronavirus pandemic and the UK was in the midst of a rapidly building second wave without a vaccine yet developed. It looked bleak.

We knew we wanted a year long engagement so we didn't have to rush any plans and we didn't want to have to cancel or postpone any wedding arrangements so we set the date for 19th February 2022.

We are hoping by then that the restrictions will ease further than they have already, back to as close to pre-Covid normality as possible. In Wales, the part of the UK where we live, wedding receptions were initially banned, and since the success of the nation's vaccine rollout, there was a limit of 30 guests allowed and now the limit is set by the capacity of the venue, after social distancing has been taken into account. This is a very promising step in the right direction. However, the wedding industry is still a little frustrated due to guidelines still discouraging dancing, singing and bar service. These things, although not essential for a wedding, still make the day enjoyable for guests. It has made us think of making contingency plans even though our wedding is still over 7 months away. Who knows where we will be next February? We hope our plans won't be too scuppered by restrictions, but no matter what they may be, we are excited to get married in 230 days!

This post is the first in a series I would like to write about planning a wedding during a very unique time. I would like to share my journey with you. So far I have found the experience relatively stress free, mostly I think because I am quite an organised person! Each month up to my wedding I will be posting about a part of my wedding planning journey. Look out for my first entry later this month!


Love, 

Stephanie, (The Bride to Be!)



No comments: